There might be affiliate links on this page, which means we get a small commission of anything you buy. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Please do your own research before making any online purchase.
Do you ever feel like you’re just drifting through life? Have you ever asked yourself what more you could be doing with the abilities and talents you possess?
Many people have had the same feeling and asked the same question in their quest for a more meaningful life. The truth is, we all hunger for a sense of purpose—something that becomes our reason for getting up every morning.
A personal mission statement is a concise representation of this purpose. Having one gives you a destination in life.
In this article, we’re sharing a compilation of personal mission statement quotes to help you discover your life’s purpose.
Hopefully, these quotes will inspire you to craft your own personal mission statement.
Before heading on to the quotes, let’s talk about specific reasons why a personal mission statement is important.
Why Do You Need a Personal Mission Statement?
As mentioned earlier, a mission statement provides you with a sense of purpose.
It clarifies the goals you want to achieve. This short statement allows you to stay on track and ensure that you’re working toward the goals that are aligned with your purpose.
When you have a personal mission statement, you’ll find that it is liberating to base your decisions and actions on it. Distractions are minimized or even avoided entirely.
Considering that your personal mission statement is the foundation of your actions and decisions, you’ll also discover that success comes more easily.
If you already have a personal mission statement, the following quotes can serve as additional inspiration as you continue to live out your life’s purpose.
This list of quotes is an affirmation of all that you have worked on to gain a deeper understanding of who you truly are and what you’re meant to do in this lifetime.
Here they are!
55 Personal Mission Quotes
- “The most effective way I know to begin with the end in mind is to develop a personal mission statement or philosophy or creed. It focused on what you want to be (character) and to do (contributions and achievements) and on the values or principles upon which being and doing are based.” – Stephen Covey
- “Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements.” – Ron Livingston
- “Make your life a mission – not an intermission.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
- “To succeed in your mission, you must have single-minded devotion to your goal.” – Abdul Kalam
- “Mission defines strategy, and strategy defines structure.” – Peter F. Drucker
- “Without a mission statement, you may get to the top of the ladder and then realize it was leaning against the wrong building!” – Dave Ramsey
- “The mission of your life should be to leave a better world behind than what you inherited.” – Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- “Every person above the ordinary has a certain mission that they are called to fulfill.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Surround yourself with those who are on the same mission as you.” – Richard Blackmore
- “Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission.” – Zig Ziglar
- “A mission statement is not something you write overnight… But fundamentally, your mission statement becomes your constitution, the solid expression of your vision and values. It becomes the criterion by which you measure everything else in your life.” – Stephen Covey
- “Here is a test to find whether your mission on earth is finished: If you’re alive it isn’t.” – Richard Bach
- “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.” – Henry Ford
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off the goal.” – Henry Ford
- “The only permission, the only validation, and the only opinion that matters in our quest for greatness is our own.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.” – Buddha
- “I define personal success as being consistent to my own personal mission statement: to love God and love others.” – Joel Manby
- “To ensure that your work is also a play, I recommend that you develop a personal mission statement. This will help you find what it is to enjoy so much that you lose track of time when you’re doing it.” – Ken Blanchard
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.” – Zig Ziglar
- “You are here for a special mission. There is a purpose of your life. Find that purpose of your life, work on it and live your life happily.” – Raaz Ojha
- “The most extraordinary people in the world today don’t have a career. They have a mission.” – Vishen Lakhiani
- “Life is never made unbearable by circumstances, but only by lack of meaning and purpose.” – Viktor Frankl
- “We all have a purpose in life, and when you find yours you will recognize it.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “The secret of success is constancy to purpose.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Bitter experience has taught us how fundamental our values are and how great the mission they represent.” – Jan Peter Balkenende
- “A man with money is no match against a man on a mission.” – Doyle Brunson
- “When you discover your mission… it will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it.” – W. Clement Stone
- “There is no greater gift you can give or receive than to honor your calling. It’s why you were born and how you become most truly alive.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Success demands singleness of purpose.” – Vincent Lombardi
- “Life without purpose is like a body without soul.” – Tasneem Hameed
- “Knowing our personal mission further enhances the flow of mysterious coincidences as we are guided toward our destinies. First, we have a question, then dreams, daydreams, and intuitions lead us toward the answers, which usually are synchronistically provided by the wisdom of another human being.” – James Redfield
- “A warrior’s mission is to foster the success of others.” – Morihei Ueshiba
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
- “It’s not enough to have lived. We should be determined to live for something.” – Winston Churchill
- “Anything and everything you have experienced has been purposeful; it has brought you to where you are now.” – Iyanla Vanzant
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people just exist.” – Oscar Wilde
- “In the midst of excitement, grief, joy, and solitude, I remind myself every moment that the sole mission of my life is to find ‘the ultimate questioner’ — that unimaginable who has put me in this madness to answer an unanswerable question.” – Kedar Joshi
- “The bigger your mission becomes, the greater inspiration you will be given.” – Ryuho Okawa
- “Greatness is a life mission, being the best is not about being better than anyone else but striving to be the best that you can and bringing out the best in others.” – Dominick Cruz
- “People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they’re not on your road doesn’t mean they’ve gotten lost.” – Dalai Lama
- “Knowing your life purpose is the first step toward living a truly conscious life. A life purpose provides us with a clear goal, a set finish line that you truly want to reach.” – Simon Foster
- “The person without a purpose is like a ship without a rudder.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Peak performers see the ability to manage change as a necessity in fulfilling their missions.” – Charles A. Garfield
- “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life; everyone must carry out a concrete assignment that demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated, thus, everyone’s task is unique as his specific opportunity to implement it.” – Viktor Frankl
- “Having a purpose is the difference between making a living and making a life.” – Tom Thiss
- “Discovering your purpose is the most significant thing you will do in your life, and you, your loved ones, and the world will be better off because you went on this journey.” – Mastin Kipp
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
- “We are not in a position in which we have nothing to work with. We already have capacities, talents, direction, missions, callings.” – Abraham H. Maslow
- “The two most important days in life are the day you born and the day you discover the reason why.” – Mark Twain
- “Until your mission is an obsession, nothing will change in your life.” – Robin Sharma
- “What matters most in a purposeful life is giving ones fullest strength to ones cause. Great efforts assure satisfaction, while common efforts can lead to regrets.” – John Soforic
- “Understanding purpose is one thing, but recognizing the importance of having purpose is another. Everybody has a unique purpose in their life, whether it be to help others, provide for family, or be free.” – Ben Gothard
- “The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose.” – Charles Dickens
- “Can you have more than one major mission pervading your life? No. That would be like coming to a fork in the road and trying to go both ways by straddling it.” – Charles A. Garfield
- “The mystery of human existence lies not in just staying alive, but in finding something to live for.” – Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Final Thoughts on Personal Mission Statement Quotes
There you have it—a list of the finest personal mission statement quotes to inspire and motivate you to live in alignment with your true purpose.
We hope you enjoyed reading these words as much as we enjoyed compiling them.
If you are looking for more resources about personal mission statements, you can check out these amazing personal mission statement examples. Finally, here is a five-step guide to writing your personal mission statement.