— PODCAST TIMESTAMPS
- [02:00] The beginning of Kami’s journey in the plant world
- [07:31] Kami’s inspiration for choosing lavender
- [09:54] About using lavender in salt glows
- [16:16] The healing power of creating “lavender moments.”
- [19:41] Information about lavender as carminative
- [22:39] Kami’s current herbal oil projects
- [27:51] Kami shares her thoughts on how herbs instill hope
— VIDEO TIMESTAMPS –
- 00:00 – Introduction
- 01:46 – Kami’s journey to herbalism and foraging edible and medicinal plants
- 08:20 – Kami talks about the many ways to work with lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) in the kitchen and bath
- 17:19 – The benefits of lavender as a healing herb for relaxation
- 23:16 – Introducing the younger generation to lavender
- 25:57 – How herbal oils can be a doorway to herbs and a gentle invitation to cultural shift
- 29:28 – Kami’s tutorial about how to make lavender infused oil
- 31:25 – Kami shares about how herbs bring her hope
Click here to access Kami’s tutorial on how to make lavender infused oil.
I’m delighted to have my good friend and fellow herbalist Kami McBride on the podcast today. Kami is the author of Herbal Kitchen and teaches online courses on how to grow your confidence and skills using herbs in your daily life for prevention and herbal self-care.
Kami has over thirty years of experience teaching herbal medicine. Her teaching is steeped in her calling to inspire a culture that embraces caring for our bodies with healing herbs, a deep connection with the earth, and a lifestyle that passes this knowledge to our children. She has taught herbal medicine at the University of California, San Francisco School of Nursing, and the Integral Health Master’s program at the California Institute of Integral Studies.
Kami has helped thousands of families learn how to use herbs for prevention and self-care, and I’m thrilled to share our conversation with you in today’s episode.
The plants always remind me of the rhythms of the waxing and waning of life. I think that’s part of it. I love being part of that and learning, and watching, and seeing how my life is always reflected in the earth and how I can participate more deeply as a human.
Would you prefer reading this episode? If so, click here for the ‘Uses of Lavender’ transcript.
Connect with Kami McBride
Connect with Us
Are Your Ready for More Herbal Inspiration?
The best way to get started is by joining my herbal community and weekly newsletter where I share my best herbal tips and insights.
When you join you’ll also get access to The Herbal Jumpstart Course which helps you figure out the best herbs for you.